Subject: Re: (s)Drill
From: Symmetrel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 1994 23:27:12 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 20 Oct 1994, Grinning Boy wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Oct 1994, Rowan Crawford wrote:
> I always double check the template to see if it has 2 sided polygons; if 
> it doesn't, it can appear to have not done anything. Esp. sdrill and core 
> for making cinderblock type objects.
> 

Well the drills are for "cutting" or "carving" polygons off of objects. 
you have to play around with it for awhile to see the different effects. 
I would suggest making a small sphere, put it in your template background 
, then make one about twice as large and use the solid drill to "tunnel 
through the larger sphere.it will make a hole in the larger sphere. One 
thing to remember is that if you get the wrong object in the template the 
drill won't work i.e. tryibg to cut the smaller sphere with the larger 
one etc. this at least will show you how it works then you can experiment 
for more practical purposes.

    Symmetrel         ***                           V  E  L          
              Of     *   *                       A     a     I       
                 The *   * Second             R    different    N    
                      ***         Circle   T          arc          G